In my last post I touched briefly on my rendering issues, which one to go for and what to prioritize. In this post I will go into Xgen and Paintable Textures, something I have been using for my scenes in my 3D part of my Thesis film. Xgen. XGen is a geometry instancer that lets … Continue reading Third Year: XGen and Paint Effects.
It's been a while since I've last posted. I have been bumping into some real issues when it comes to my thesis film and now that all seems sorted, I'm ready to update my blog on the progress so far regarding the Thesis film for my final year in my animation course. With the deadline … Continue reading Third Year : Rendering through issues.
This was meant to be the weekend to animate Sun, but due to some severe issues I was having with his mesh, I couldn't work on him. The tutor who handles Zbrush in our course wasn't in, but thankfully is always available through mail. I emailed him with the hope that he could fix whatever … Continue reading A weekend without Sun.
For this week we had the opportunity to pitch for the second years in case we would want a helping hand somewhere during our project. I signed up for this with the hopes that I can get some help when it comes to colouring the animation. I didn't know that this would be possible, and … Continue reading Third Year: The Pitch.
The holiday season hit and we were out of university for a good month or so. This doesn't mean that I would sit back and relax. Not only did I celebrate my birthday in December, the holiday season was pretty intense as well, so I wasn't able to do any work further into December. But … Continue reading Third Year: Vacation, but still working.
In my final project the dance will be taking up most of the time. Here, I will put some research I've done that relates most to what I am looking for. I will also go a bit into why I'm more for one dance segment than the other. I already have something in mind … Continue reading Third Year: The dance.
Weekend's over. And I've just finished the few things that I had to do for this weekend. The character designs are done. (just need some feedback), finished the storyboard and added a few new frames to it to create more of (hopefully) an interesting scene. I have also adjusted some of the colours in the … Continue reading Third year: Updates.